Expected outcomes and benefits of the project consist of:
- Enhancing the knowledge on the quality of existing or new deposits of critical raw materials;
- Improvement of the scientific knowledge of the researchers in terms of geological, mineralogical and geochemical understanding of the processes leading to evolved rare-metal pegmatite formation;
- Acquisition of new regional data (mineralogical, geochemical and geological data) available for research, exploration companies and potential exploitation;
- Transfer of knowledge and experience;
- Enhanced cooperation and exchange of students among the partner institutions;
- New research and exploration initiatives based on acquisition of new datasets and development of state-of-the-art research and assessment methodology.
The project results will primarily serve as a base for evaluation of pegmatite and RMG potential as sources for critical metals according to the National and European Strategies for sustainable development.